Posters and Demonstrations Chairs
Both researchers and practitioners can submit posters and demonstrations. The Poster and Demos session will be the main conference event one evening of the conference.
Poster submissions will include a concise report of recent findings or other types of innovative work not ready to be submitted as a Full or Short Research Paper or an Extended Abstract. Alternatively, a poster submission may be work that you prefer to present interactively.
Poster submissions should be 2 pages in length using the Companion Proceedings Template.
Demonstrations are the best way to communicate interactive learning analytics tools. Use your demo to communicate innovative user interface designs, visualisations, or other novel functionality that tackles a real user problem. Tools may be at an early concept demonstrator stage or relatively mature, all the way through to products. Sales pitches are not acceptable — the design or conceptual contribution must be clear.
Demonstration submissions should include a one-page abstract and movie link using the Companion Proceedings Template and a demo movie no more than five minutes in length. All accepted Demonstrations will be included in the Companion Proceedings.
At least one of the authors must register for the conference before the poster or demonstration can be included in the Companion Proceedings.
Submission of Posters and Demonstrations
- Poster submissions are double-blind reviewed so please remove all identifying details from the text.
- Demo Movies do not need to be double-blind since it can be hard to disguise real systems.
- Use the Companion Proceedings Template
- Submit as a PDF file via the EasyChair LAK18 submission system
- 2 October 2017 (No extensions) – Submission Deadline
- 20 November 2017 – Notification of Acceptance
- 5 February 2018 – Final version for the Companion Proceedings
Posters and Demos will be reviewed by at least two reviewers chosen by the Posters & Demonstrations Chairs. Reviews for each poster and demonstration will be shared among its reviewers, with final recommendations made by the Posters & Demonstration Chairs to the Program Chairs.
- Accepted posters should fit within the dimensions of the boards provided (A0: 84x118cm) with the layout to be determined by authors.
- Accepted demos will be given a table to show their digital content (no projectors will be provided). Powered posters are encouraged to include some explanatory signage describing their work.
- Firehose Session: All presenters will have 30 seconds at the beginning of the Posters & Demos session to pitch their work in order to entice delegates to visit their stand. One PowerPoint slide should be prepared to present this short pitch. Guidance on providing your slide will be sent closer to LAK18.
During the Posters and Demos session, delegates will vote for the Best Poster and Best Demo Movie awards, and the winners will be announced during the conference.
Accepted Posters and Demos will be published in the LAK18 Companion Proceedings, archived on the SoLAR website.
At least one of the authors must register for the conference before your contribution can be included in the relevant proceedings.